We are about half way through this year already! We just wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you are en route to make the 2019 income we estimated during Open Enrollment last year. Below you will see the absolute MOST you can make per household size in order to prevent owing back your entire tax credit when you file your 2019 taxes.
Maximum Annual Income to Receive a Marketplace Tax Credit
IF YOU THINK YOU WILL MAKE MORE THAN THE ALLOWED AMOUNT FOR YOUR HOUSEHOLD SIZE:
We NEED to make changes to the amount of tax credit you are accepting per month so that you DON'T owe it back in a lump sum at the end of the year when you file your taxes.
Please let us know where you stand in relation to the chart and please tell us if we need to make changes!
After having to break the news to 100's of clients, we thought it may be easier to send out an email to everyone.
Blue Cross is sending out notices that your premiums are going down… and for some this is true. However, for most everyone this is not 100% accurate. If you currently have a subsidy from Healthcare.gov, Blue Cross did not factor in the CHANGE in your subsidy this year. The premiums are calculated on the 2018 subsidy and what we are finding is that 2019 subsidies are going down.
When something seems too good to be true it's because it probably is.
We hate to be the ones to break the bad news to you but wouldn’t you rather know the truth and pay the correct premiums now vs. owing back the subsidy during tax season 2020? I love surprises but not the ones that hit my pocketbook a year later.
We know you trust us and hope all of you know and understand we are just looking out for you. Please, please call to schedule your appointment with us today.
Open Enrollment for Individuals starts
MARKETPLACE (ACA) PLANS
HEALTH CARE MINISTRY SHARING PLANS
ACCIDENT/CRITICAL ILLNESS GAP PLANS
SHORT TERM PLANS
HUSBAND/WIFE GROUP PLANS
DO NOT GO TO HEALTHCARE.GOV ALONE
If you receive one of these recorded calls claiming to be from Blue Cross and Blue Shield, there are tips you should follow:
- If you get a recorded call from a caller whom you did not authorize to call you, the call is likely fraudulent or malicious and you should hang up immediately.
- Do not respond to prompts to “press 1 to speak to the operator or get your name taken off the list,” and do not provide any personal information. If you respond, you’ll probably get more calls.
- Do not provide personal or financial information.
- It is advisable to block the numbers of the robocalls you receive from calling your cell phone, although these callers may continue to call you from other numbers or use “spoofing” technology that makes the same calls appear to come from different numbers.
- We write 1,000’s of policies each year and know the quickest way to get in and out of the system.
- We know the insurance lingo – we are the experts.
- We know which plans are best within each company.
- We do the research and leg work for you. We study the plans each year BEFORE talking to you.
- We know the Louisiana insurance market. The MarketPlace does not, nor are they licensed insurance agents.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE
- We make sure you get the benefits you need.
- We want a long-term relationship with you.
- We are there to assist you all year long. You have one point of contact and one person to help you solve any issues that may arise.
3. PERSONAL SHOPPERS
6. PROTECTION & PEACE OF MIND
For the past few months, doctors have only been available at certain times on BlueCare. Now care will only be a click away, anytime day or night.
Here's how to sign up for BlueCare:
- Go to BlueCareLA.com or download the BlueCare (one word) app for Android or iPhone.
- Create an account with a username and password, which you will use for each BlueCare visit.
- Use your member ID when logging into or creating a BlueCare account.
- BlueCare works on a computer, tablet, smartphone or any device with internet and a camera, and is open to dependents (children, spouse, etc.) covered on your plan.
Health Agents For America
Long Term Care